We regularly receive many emails asking if we accept guest posts on I Love Being Happily Married, and if that is the case, what are the guidelines.
To that end, we have written the following guidelines in a post for your convenience.
So the answer to the first question is: Yes, we do accept guest posts. Currently we publish two guest posts per month.
Here are several examples of previous guest posts:
- The Top Ten Ways to Control Your Husband (None of them Work) By Laura Doyle New York Times Best-Selling Author
- There will be times when… By Pamela King of Still Dating My Spouse
- How do you Know When to Call it Quits? By Mort Fertel, author of Marriage Fitness.
- Why Marriage Education is Necessary and Valuable. By Yehuda Ayalon, MA
Below you will find all the details about the process.
What kind of content do you accept?
Anything that is useful to our readers is good content for a guest post on I Love Being Happily Married. It can be related to any of our 6 article categories:
- Money & Career
- Marriage Tips
- Health & Sex
- Home & Family
- Love & Spirituality
- Anniversaries & Celebrations
It can also be derived from your own personal experiences and expertise. There is no minimum length for your post, but usually the guest posts have over 400 words.
- Your post must be original and must have never been published before on the Internet
- You agree to not publish the post anywhere else (i.e., in your own blog or as a guest post in other blogs)
- You can include one link in the byline, which will be displayed at the bottom of the post
- Please format your guest post as an HTML document, so we may be able to copy and paste it into the WordPress HTML editor.
- Use H2 or H4 tags for sub-headings.
- Make sure to include the author byline at the bottom, with the link to your website already formatted (do not use spam keywords in that location).
If you have a post that meets the guidelines above, you can send it to us to the email address married(at)ILoveBeingHappilyMarried.com [replace the (at) for @] or via our Contact Us page.
Please include the post in the body of the email itself, or as a .doc attachment.
We check and respond to all guest post submissions twice a month, so it might take up to two weeks before we reply. This does not mean we have rejected your post though, and even in case of rejection you should get an answer from us, explaining the reason.
Good luck, we look forward to reading your submissions and who knows, you may be the next guest author on I Love Being Happily Married!
Photo Credit: Linds 🙂