Sometimes little things can make a big difference. In that spirit, the following list of 5 little things can work wonders towards making a positive difference in your marriage.
Make it a point to adopt them as part of your everyday life and watch the wonderful results!
5 Happy Marriage Tips
1. Smile – The simple act of smiling to your spouse helps ease any tensions. Make it a genuine, heart-felt smile that shows your warm and friendlier side. It will make you more approachable and bring you closer.
2. Listen – It’s been said that people were made with two ears and one mouth so they’d listen twice as much as they talk. Remember that during your conversations and make it a point to pay attention and listen to your spouse more, It will help your communication and understanding as a couple.
3. Compliment your spouse – Point out something good about your spouse and let him or her know that you like it.
4. Show gratitude – Make sure to say thank you for the things your partner does for you. A genuine thank you to show your gratitude for something your partner has given you or done for you will make you both happier.
5. Say I Love You – This is an obvious one but it is often overlooked. With life’s many pressures and the hurried pace, we often forget to say I Love You. Those three simple words can do miracles for a relationship – make sure you say them often!
There are many other little things you can do which will have a big impact and these are simply five.
What other suggestions do you have? Any other little things you do which have a big positive impact on your relationship?
Tell us by leaving a comment below!
P.S. Found this article valuable? Click on the +1 button below to make it easier to find on Google. The click will take you only a second and it will help save someone hours of searching!
While you are here – have you already signed up to receive our free email course “Seven Secrets of Happily Married Couples“? Join our global online community of thousands of happily married couples around the world!
Photo credit: Slettvet