Online Dating Marriage
Online dating and marriage are both fascinating topics filled with many questions, the need for loving companionship, finding a husband or wife, and the ultimate search for a “soulmate” or perfect match to spend the rest of your life with.
With more happy couples meeting online and getting married each day, here is a list of 10 fascinating facts you may not know.
- The average length of courtship for online dating marriage minded people who met online is 18.5 Months
- The percentage of couples who meet online is up to about 1 in 4 and still on the rise.
- Online dating is second only to meeting through friends as the most common way to meet.
- Online dating is the #1 way Baby Boomers meet other singles
- Online dating websites report traffic increases of as much as 350% higher after Christmas.
- World’s longest married couple has been married for 87 years as of 2013 (107-year-old Karam and his wife Katari Chand, 100)
- According to a 2010 study, marriage reduced criminal behavior in high-risk males by 35 percent.
- The average length of courtship for marriages that met offline is 42 Months
- The average married couple has sex 58 times per year, or a little over once a week
- Both men and women have higher life expectancies when married than those who are single or divorced
Sources: Reuters, University of Rochester, US Census, Herald News, PC World, Washington Post, WebPersonalsOnline.com, WomensDay.com, The 7 Stages of Marriage: Laughter, Intimacy, and Passion (Rita M. DeMaria, Sari Harrar), WhyMarriageMatters.org